30 September 2013

The Wheel Spinning our Lives.



 Yaay! I wrote my first Shakespearean sonnet. Celebrate with me. I doubt if this is up to half of Shakespeare’s standard but, I’’ll get there someday. Read on...



At the movement of its hand decibels are struck

At its constant ticking lives are lost

As it edges slowly towards infinity, billions of occurrence sporadic

It measures our daily lives, instructs our act.


Not the lion of Judah nay the Baseer* from Mecca

Albeit it is worshipped like none other

The world daily glares at it, its divine ticker

We all are guilty! We have bowed down to an uncouth maga


Sinners we all are! Rich and poor, black and white

Churlish*, grumpy*, ungrateful humans!!

The symbols of this god becomes to our path a daily light

When we resume, meet someone, close the day, become a mother; all in a god it lies.


I confess my sins: I'm a sinful guy

Thus, I know the value of time.





Baseer: Arabic word for a seer
Churlish: Ungrateful, disrespectful
Grumpy: Complaining, bad-tempered.



P.S: Criticize with mercy…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?