27 September 2013

Sculptor of Wishes

She’s a poet, a baby lawyer, a hot chick and believe you me, she’s hot with the pen. In this poem, She wishes to be someone someday and tells a peculiar life-changing story. I hope you enjoy reading this.

I made a wish to become gold

The most precious of stones untold

Because gold in terms of value is timeless

And in terms of worth, I'd say it's priceless

But I discovered that i had to go through fire

And that was enough to quench my burning desire.


I made a wish to become an architect

This wish i could describe as perfect

Because i would design the structure of the greatest mansion

And my enterprise would be unlimited in expansion

But I realized that I would design buildings that I might never own

And that was enough to make me have my wish thrown


I made a wish to become a president

To reside in the most furnished apartment

Because a president is always a public figure

Irrespective of his shortcomings, deformities or stature

But i discovered that my tenure would expire after a few years

And that was enough to make me shed uncontrollable tears


I made a wish to become a judge

To discern and uphold the truth without a grudge

Because a judge is accorded with due respect

Especially when it comes to the legal aspect

But i sensed that I could sentence my own son to death

And that was enough to make me hold my breath


I then made a wish to be myself and face reality

To accept that God created man unique without partiality

Because it is then that I can fulfill my potential

And my service to humanity would be substantial

But then I realized that it could only be by God's grace

So, I asked God to help me drive at my own pace…

                                                                                                       Miranda Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?