19 October 2014

HIATUS


Photo Credit

I have reached that point where every blogger reaches in his blogging career. That point where strange questions pop up in the mind of the disturbed blogger as to the future of his blog. That point where he has to ask himself whether to continue or to drop out. Some may call it "giving up". Well, I'll call mine "hiatus". Even if I give up blogging, I can't block the ever flowing rivulets of muse which have continuously served as a source of inspiration. Certain factors have necessitated me making such a tough decision. Most important of which is the location from which the posts on this blog are written and published. It's a small town in Osun state, Nigeria, where I am constrained to live for the next three years save for the summer holidays. The network connection is quite frustrating; Spending an hour just to publish a post is an understatement especially on rainy days. I remain devoted to writing however, what is worth doing is worth doing well. Hurriedly writing a post and publishing it during a divine break in internet connection has not fulfilled the purpose of this blog which is to add value. On the basis of this, I have reached a conclusion to suspend further activities on this space till further notice. This may or may not lead to an end in my blogging career but, it is definitely a much needed break. Hopefully, I'll be able to drop-by once in a while to read and comment on other blogs. It's been an intriguing journey of three years. I'll love to come back here someday, stronger and better...
I reiterate that this is not an end but a break in transmission.
Regards.

2 comments:

  1. I perfectly understand because I have been on hiatus myself but I will tell you what Toin said to me...please keep this blog here and come back to post as often as you can.

    Thanks for always stopping by at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll definitely be back here someday.

      Delete

What Do You Think?