01 December 2013

Let Go

Lost ma momma at a tender age




Dad became a drunkard at  teen-age

Carried my burden
Shoulders dropping.
Living each day like it was my last.
Was told someone up there loved me
But all I felt was pure hate
They said dope was cool
Said sex was great
They were ma niccurs
Ma hommies
The dope guys next block
Boozed my nights with alcohol
Told me it was expanding life experience
Lived a hell of a life.
Man, it was totally cool!
Alas, I knew not
That what I lived was a hell-worthy life
Leading me blindly to the slaughter
I followed the teenage flow like a master
Every kid did it so I did it.
Tattoos bespoke my past years
On my body lay
Blueprints of days undone.
I knew I was going to die soon
Just didn't know how
Then I came in contact with death itself
Missed a bullet by an inch
That changed my life experience.
I heard a small still voice
Knew someone was calling me home
Couldn't explain what I felt
Twas a voice I once heard in the womb
Preachers told me about him
To me, he was just an old man
He said he loved me
Balderdash!
I didn't feel no love my entire life.
I heard him loud and clear
Told me to trust him and let go
Let go of sorrows and tears
Let go of the rage in my heart
Let go of my burdens
Let go of my cares
He wanted to carry them
I told him to fuck off
Soon, I was diagnosed of cancer.
My days were numbered.
Now, I knew how I was going to die
Didn't see ma hoomies any longer
They all vanished into thin air
I looked up once more
And for the third time I heard the voice
"Come to me and I'll give you rest"
I had nothing to loose
So I gave in.
And today I'm still living
Not a hell of a life
But a much better life.
To all you preachers
I chased out of my crib
Really, I'm deeply sorry
Y'all told me to get saved
But you damn didn't tell me one thing
How much peace there is in Christ.
I've carried my burdens for far too long
It's time to let go...
                                                            
                                                                                                        Avant Garde
                                                                                                     Inspired by Kirk Franklin's 'Let it Go'

1 comment:

What Do You Think?